This article explains the initial network configuration of a Mercury Intelligent Controller. When you complete all the steps, the controller will be able to communicate with BluSKY over a standard internet connection.
Before getting started please ensure that the physical devices are configured properly. A complete guide on configuring and connecting the controller boards can be found in Controller Hardware Configuration.
- Connect a computer to the network and set its IP address to 192.168.0.250. This computer will serve to confirm connectivity.
- Enable the factory default network & user settings of the Controller using the dip switches as follows
- Set all the board's dip switches to OFF,
- Then set dip switch 2 to ON. This causes the board to reset.
- After the board has reset, set dip switch 2 to OFF and set dip switch 1 to ON. This enables the board's default user name and password (i.e. Admin/password). Note: Once you set the dip switch to ON, you have 5 minutes to login, otherwise you timeout and have to reset the dip switch off and then on again.
- Ping 192.168.0.251, the default IP address, to confirm the device is connected.
- Enter 192.168.0.251 in the address bar of your computer's browser.
- Push past any browser alerts; (these are only warnings from your browser).
- Log-in using the default user name and password (Admin/password)
- Add your own administrative user.
- Click Users in the leftmost menu.
- Add an administrative user by filling in the required fields.
- Select "Apply Settings" from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Set dip switch 1 to OFF to disable the default login.
- Login again using the browser on your computer and the login credentials you just created.
- Configure the controller to communicate on the host network.
- Click "Network" on the left side of the screen.
- Configure the IP address, Subnet, Default Gateway and DNS Server, as required by the local network.
- Note: This configuration is dependent on the local network's parameters. If needed, request an acceptable local network configuration for your controller from the IT department that supports.the network.
- Click "Accept".
- Reconfigure your computer to connect to the local network.
- Ping the new controller's IP Address to ensure connectivity.
- Login to the controller again using the browser on your computer (At this point, they should both be devices on the local network).
- Push past any browser alerts.
- Log-in using the newly created administrative user.
- Now, connect the controller to the BluSKY service through the "Host Comm" menu.
- Enter the following data exactly unless specified otherwise.
- Connection Type: IP Client
- Data Security: TLS Required
- Host IP: "blub0x.cloudapp.net" - This URL may need to be white-listed depending on the local network configuration.
- Port #: 3011 for TLS Required
- Note: If you are connecting a BluBØX demo kit the Port # should be 3002. Also set the Data Security field to TLS Required
- Note: The local firewall must not filter the port you are using.
- Connection Mode: Continuous
- Retry Interval: 5 sec
- Apply Settings and Reboot to complete the setup.