This article details the steps needed to change the behavior of a Request for Exit (REX). There may be certain situations where you do not want the REX to pulse(unlock) the door strike. For example, you may have a motion detector that is too sensitive and is registering excessive movement events. You want to disable the REX unlocking the door until a service engineer gets onsite.
- Log in and navigate to Portals. Main Menu-> Setup -> Portals
- Select the portal you want to have the REX not unlock.
- Use the button in the lower left-hand side to Edit the Portal.
- Expand "Show Advanced Settings" by selecting it.
- Scroll down to "Access Control Flags Mask", select the box to the right and select "Do not pulse the door strike on REX. Quiet exit"
- Use the button to finish.
- Sync this change to the controller via the Mercury Test Tool.