This section will cover how to make sure that your portals behavior changes on a holiday. For example on a holiday you want the front door to lock, where as normally the door unlocks during business hours during the work week.
There are several things you need to check to make sure that on a holiday the portal schedule behavior is changed.
- Make sure the portal has a schedule.
- Make sure the portal has a defined holiday schedule.
- Make sure the holiday is defined in the list of holidays.
If the portal has a holiday schedule and the holiday is listed in the list of holidays, then there is nothing you need to do. BluSKY will automatically use the holiday schedule on holidays.
Make sure the portal has a schedule. (AKA. How to find a portals schedule)
- Go to Setup->Portal
- In the search field search for the portal you are looking for.
- Select "View" to see the portal details.
- Look for "Lock Schedule", This is the schedule the portal uses to decide when a portal is locked or unlocked.
Make sure the portal has a defined holiday schedule.
- Go to Administration->Schedules
- Search for the schedule the portal is using.
- Select Edit to view the schedule.
- You should see a Holiday schedule.
- The checked off days of the week mean the portal is locked during the start and end time.
- See Edit Schedule to change the schedule to meet your needs.
Make sure the holiday is defined in the list of holidays.
- More often then not some of your corporate holidays will not be listed. Ex. Day before the 4th of July.
- Go to Administration->Holidays
- Search for your holiday.
- If you need to create a new holiday see Create a Holiday knowledge page.
- If you need to edit a Holiday schedule see Edit a Schedule for help.