This is the fastest way to Check In and assign a badge to the Visitor. If you do not need to assign a badge to the Visitor you may use the Check In button. We have provided step-by-step instruction on how to Check In a Visitor from the Visitor Administration page.
- Log in and navigate to Visitor Administration. Main Menu-> Control-> Visitor
- Click the icon, labeled "Chk+Badg". This will open the Visitor Request edit screen.
- If you wish to take a picture use the button or upload a file using the button.
- Select the Card type in the lower half of the page.
- Note: In some cases there is a default card type and this field will be filled in. If your Facility is using only one card type and you want to specify a default card type, please contact support at email@example.com.
- Enter the Card information. This process will be different depending on which Card Type you select.
- If you are entering a CSN card type, you will enter the Serial Number using an unencrypted reader.
- For all other Cards enter the External Card Number.
- Depending on the Status you will have three different options:
Pre-Registered, Assigned to Last, FirstName.
- This will take the Cards from another Person and assign it to the Visitor
- If you are sure the Card is no longer in use, click the .
- This can save a lot of time if a previous visitor's card was not reclaimed at Check Out.
- If the Card is found BluSKY will attempt to complete the entry process.
- If the Facility is using multiple Facility Codes you may be required to fill this field in.
Card Not Found - Adding New
- Enter the Internal Number
- Enter the Facility Code
- Enter a PIN if necessary.
- Note: This will enable a Person to use a Reader with a keypad.
- Note: Some Facilities impose a minimum PIN length.
- Use the User Flag section to add additional parameters to the credential.
- EX: Using the ADA Timing Parameter, once configured, gives additional time to enter a Portal.
- Check to make sure the Start Datetime is valid, adjust if needed.
- Note: This is especially important if the Visitor is arriving early.
- Ensure the End Datetime corresponds with the end of the visit.
- Choose one of the five options to complete the process.
- will save all of the changes you have made.
- will save the changes and indicate the person is in the building.
- will check the Visitor in.
- this will print the badge.
- this will remove the Card you just assigned.