M5-IC General Information
M5-IC is an intelligent control device for the replacement of the Casi PX, PXN and PXNplus CPU controller. As with the entire Mercury M5 Bridge family of controllers, the M5-IC is built with a matching form factor to the Casi Micro5 line of access control hardware allowing a fast “screwdriverless” change over and easy migration of a Casi client infrastructure to any Authentic Mercury software partner.
BluSKY M5-IC Configuration Guidance
The MS-ICS has some differences from a standard Mercury Intelligent Controller (Ex. EP1502 and EP1501) that will need to be taken into consideration when configuring in BluSKY.
- The M5-ICS has 1 RS485 port.
- The RS485 is a normal RS485 connection (MSP port 0). Though this connection you can daisy chain SIO boards.
- The M5-IC is only a controller, it does not have any readers, so it can not be the first SIO board, like an EP 1502. This means that you can start SIO boards with Comm 0, instead of 1.
For BluSKY configuration:
When configuring a controller in BluSKY:
- You will need to select "M5IC" for "Controller Type"
When configuring the SIO board in BluSKY:
- Select "Comm Address", Remember that you can start with "0" (Zero) since the MS-ISC does not have a built in SIO board like the EP series of controllers.
- You will need to select the correct MSP Port
EX. BluSKY Controller Configuration for M5-IC: