In this article we detail the steps needed to create a new Camera in BluSKY.
- Log in and navigate to Cameras. Main Menu-> Setup-> Cameras
- Click the button in the Search filter or use the one below.
- Name the camera. The BluSKY camera name should match the NVR camera name.
- Specify which Model camera is being used. Enter * if camera model is not known.
- Select the System and Facility.
- Add a Description. This is usually what the camera is looking at or a description of the scene. Enter * if description is not known.
- Add the Serial Number. This can be left blank if it is not known.
- Add the camera Login and Password. This can be left blank if it is not known.
- Add the Portal associated with the camera if applicable. This can be left blank if it is not known or not applicable.
- Add the Recording Server. This must be defined in BluSKY first in order to show up in the pull-down list.
- Leave the External Camera ID blank. This will be added after the camera is saved.
- Enter the camera's network settings: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Public IP Address and Stream URL. This can be left blank if it is not known.
- Enter the Lens Info, camera resolution HRes and VRes and recording rate FPS.
- Enter any additional information available. See list below for more detail on each field.
- Confirm changes with the button.
- Once the camera is saved, select it again to edit. Copy the GUID in the URL into the External Camera ID field and confirm changes with the button.
- Example: The GUID portion of the URL is shown in grey, https://blusky.blub0x.com/en-US/Camera/Edit/616fcd48-c326-4d79-a88f-7e0546f5cf95
|Name||The name chosen to identify the Camera. Choose descriptive names that allow for easy administration and maintenence.|
|Model||The model number assigned to the Camera.|
|System||The System using the Camera.|
|Facility||The name of the Facility using the Camera.|
|Description||This field provides additional information that is related to the Camera.|
|Serial Number||A unique number assigned to the device by the manufacturer, that is used to identify the specific item.|
|Camera Type||This identifies the type of Camera being used.|
|Login||The account name used to access the Camera.|
|Password||The password used to access the Camera.|
|Portal||If used, this will identify the Portal that is being monitored by the Camera. This can be important when creating Video event capture via Rules.|
|Recording Server||The name of the recording server that is storing the Video feed.|
|External Camera Id||Additional information used to identify the Camera outside of BluSKY.|
|IP Address||An Internet Protocol address is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.|
|Subnet Mask||A subnet mask is used to break an IP network into logical subdivision.|
|Default Gateway||A default gateway in computer networking is the node that is assumed to know how to forward packets on to other networks.|
|Public IP Address||A public IP address is a globally routable IP address, meaning that the address is not an address reserved for use in private networks.|
|Lens Info||Information on the lens that is beign used by the Camera.|
|Stream URL||The URL where the stream from the Camera can be viewed.|
|Fps||Frames per second.|
|Recording Encoder Type|
|Center and Zoom to Rectangle|
|Center to Position in View|
|Ptz Enabled||This field indicated if the Camera has Pan/ Tilt/ Zoom capabilities.|