Authentic Mercury MR serial input/output (SIO) devices represent the secondary level in Mercury’s distributed architecture. The devices provide flexibility ensuring they can choose the controller that best fits their needs.
The MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO are economical single card reader interface panel dedicated to individual door oversight and provides of all the I/O needed for controlling a single door. Both MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO connect one card reader, two general-purpose input monitor points and two control relays for access control and security monitoring through an Authentic Mercury EP intelligent controller.
The panel is easy to install and supports Wiegand, clock and data, magnetic stripe, F2F, Supervised F2F, OSDP, keypad and biometrics reader technologies. With its compact footprint and RS-485 connectivity, both MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO can be clustered or distributed depending on the installation environment.
An ideal choice for a compact and economical single-card reader panel, the high-performance MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO are versatile, reliable interface for an individual door
The inputs and the relays can be assigned to door-related functions or to general purpose I/O. The inputs support normally open, normally closed, supervised and non-supervised circuits. The relays can be configured for fail-safe or fail-secure operation.
Hardware interface and card format settings are loaded through software commands.
When connected to a Mercury EP intelligent controller, the MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO can relate the activities of selected system devices to other devices within the system, generating actions and allowing activities to occur independently of the host. The MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO can also locally process access requests based on facility code verification, even disconnected from an intelligent controller. Up to eight facility codes may be active in each of the MR50 Series 2 & 3 SIO .
- Multi-facility code and reader technology support
- AES 128 bit data encryption
- UL 294 Recognized
- Universal I/O device characterization
- AES 128/256 Data Encryption
- HSPD-12/FIPS201 compliant
- UL 294 recognized, CE compliant, FCC, RoHS
- Supports OSDP, OSDP Secure Channel, FICAM government profiles, keypads, biometric readers, Wiegand, clock and data, magnetic stripe, F/2F and supervised F/2F reader technologies
- RS-485 host connectivity
- Open Architecture
- Easy Expansion
- Enhanced Security
- Versatile Interoperability
- Easily connects to Mercury’s intelligent controllers
- Provides all I/O needed for single door control
- Small footprint for versatility
- Supports Wiegand, clock and data, magnetic stripe, F2F, Supervised F2F, OSDP, keypad and biometrics reader technologies
- High performance, reliable platform enables use of hardware with Mercury OEM partners software solutions
- Supports OSDP and Secure Channel protocol for device connectivity, file transfer and extended applications such as biometrics and federal government profile support
- Embedded crypto memory chip provides a secured layer of encryption to protect sensitive data
- Same reliable interface and identical footprint as Series 2 Mercury IO modules, enabling seamless upgrades for existing deployments
- 12-24 VDC +/- 10%, 500mA maximum
- 150mA maximum
- 12Vdc @ 110mA nominal
- 24Vdc @ 60mA nominal
RS–485, 2-wire, 4,000’
(twisted pair with shield, Belden 9841)
1 Power: Input voltage pass- through Data Card/Keypad
Clock/Data, Data–1/Data–0, or RS-485
Two-wire or one-wire bicolor support
Only with one-wire LED
- 2 general-purpose: Programmable circuit type
- One dedicated (tamper)
- Relay 1: Form–C, 5 Amp 30 Vdc
- Relay 2: Form–C, 1 Amp 30 Vdc
2.75” L x 4.25” W x 1.0” H, (70mm L x 108mm W x 25.4mm H)
-40—75 °C operational, -55—85 °C storage
- UL294 recognized
- CE compliant
|MFG Part #||BluBØX Order #||Description|
|MR50 Series 2||120-2300||Mercury - MR50 One Door Controller 12/24VDC|
|MR50 Series 3||xxx||Mercury - MR50 One Door Controller 12/24VDC|