As a credential company we need to support all Mobile credential paradigms. We will provide HID cards and mobile credentials. All other credentials we create.
- Badge – Paper or Plastic (BB)
- Mag Stripe (Any)
- Badge Barcode/QR code (BB)
- PIN (BB)
- Prox Card – 125 KHz & 13.56 MHz (HID, Allegion, etc.)
- MiFARE (BB)
- Smartphone Bluetooth - One Time & Subscription (HID)
- Smartphone Virtual/BluREMOTE (BB)
- Smartphone Digital Barcode/QR Code (BB)
- Name (BB)
- Face (BB)
- Voice (BB)
This spec will focus on #7 "Smartphone Bluetooth - One Time subscription", specifically HID's implementation. Where HID produces a Bluetooth security key which enables the smart phone to transmit a credential to a reader.
- User downloads HID mobile app to their device. BluB0X will re-brand the HID's application.
- User download the credential for specific readers.
- To use the credential the user would twist, tap, or hold in proximity to a reader. Cellphone will negotiate with the reader using the mobile key and card number.
- Understand how a Mobile key expires so that we can re-deploy and track keys.
- How to manage "pools" of keys. Perm vs. Temp vs. Spike,
- Does HID have a web API for key management?
- Rebrand HID Mobile Key Application
- Need to work with HID on this process.
- Need to deploy in Android Market place (Google play), and Apples AppStore, Itunes
- Need to generate credentials for employees (Permanent) and visitors (temporary)
- Need to distribute credentials to user
- Create Website page in BluSKY to facility downloading credentials to the users device.
- Process to update reader firmware to support our Mobile reader key for readers not purchased through BluB0X.
- Need Operations process to update readers to support our Mobile reader key. Documentation task.
- Need to report on key usage. Goes to billing to HID as well as our customers.
- Need a table to track which keys are purchased from HID, which are deployed to customers like card assignment, which are available.
- Need update tools to test assignment of keys. Think simulated swipes.
- Uploaded new keys to BluSKY, similar to uploading cards
- Expand permission for cards to include all credential ids… Need to rename card permissions to Manage Credentials.
- Change Person->Cards to Person->Credentials
- What kind of credential are you going to assign?
- Need to think how other credential should be implemented. (ex. PIN, PR)
- Need to create a card in the background to attach credential to sync to Mercury. Please expose card number for debugging purposes.
- Need to update Services (Mercury, ASA Abloy..) to send card holder ID associated with the Mobile Key.
- Need to create a mobile Scard type for BluSKY Bluetooth Mobile Key assignment.