This specification describes all aspects of design, development, testing and commissioning of the Destination Dispatch Elevators (DDE) into BluSky environment.
Brief description of DDE
DDE differs from a traditional relay based security controlled elevators in a way that instead of having hall call buttons and a floor selection buttons inside of each car, it has kiosks in the elevator halls where elevator users can select their destination floor and the elevator system brings the nearest car and also tries to optimize the car utilization by combining people that are going to the destination floor into the same car. DDE are combined into the DDE Banks that normally serve the same set of floors. Examples of elevator banks are Low Rise (Serves the lower floors of the building), Mid Rise, High Rise.
Currently supported DDE
Version 2 (Readers are connected to the security systems with Wiegand Converters)
Version 3 (Readers are connected to the Otis hardware and card swipe data is sent to the security system via the Ethernet connection.
Readers are connected to the security systems with Wiegand Converters.
Thyssen Krupp (TKE)
Readers can be connected to the security system either with Wiegand Converters or through the Ethernet.
Readers are connected to the security systems through Wiegand Converters.
Motion Control for Elevators (MCE).
Readers can be connected to the security systems with Wiegand Converters or through the Ethernet connector.
Readers are connected to the Schindler kiosks and all the decision making process is done in the DDE. Security system only updates the Schindler’s security database.
Description of the Presentation
Real Time control
DDE should be represented on Real time control screen the same way as traditional elevators.
The Real time control screen should allow the security officer set one, several or all floors to Open, Locked or Card Access of to the mode defined by schedule and current time.
Real time control screen should also show the current state (locked, Unlocked) and current mode (Locked, Unlocked, On Schedule) of every floor on every elevator bank.
Real Time Events and Event History.
Real time events screen and event history screen should be the same as for the traditional elevators or for the portals.
DDE should have several specific configuration screens.
Destination Kiosk (keypad) configuration screen should allow to specify configuration of the kiosks. The main parameters that need to be configured:
- Elevator bank to which this keypad belongs,
- Location of keypad
- Mode of the keypad (Default floor or User selects floor)
- Keypad IP address or unique number in the bank or on the floor
- Floor stop where the keypad is located
- Is PIN Entry enabled at this keypad?
Destination Inter-floor matrix This screen should allow to configure which floor is public and which floor is secured from each keypad.
Wiegand Controller Configuration Screen should allow you to configure the boards that convert the Wiegand pulses that are coming from the reader into the Ethernet packages that are sent to the remote server.
Reader screen Allows to configure the readers that are either connected to the Wiegand converters or physically connected to DDE kiosks and sending the card swipe data to the security system through the Ethernet.
Services for the DDE should communicate with corresponding manufacturer DDE controllers and also with BluSky.
Services should run on a remote servers with two network cards. One card is connected to the elevator manufacturer controller. The second card is connected to the switch or router that in turn is connected to the internet.
Communication with BluSky should be as identical as possible regardless what DDE manufacturer controller it communicates on the other side.
BluSKy needs to have diagnostics page that accommodates all DDE manufacturers. The diagnostics page must allow the following tests and diagnostics:
1. The communications with the DDE controller(s) – heartbeats.
2. Communications with the remote server where the DDE interface is residing.
3. It should show all the elevator banks that DDE Interface controls.
4. It should show all the keypads connected to each of the elevator banks and also if there are global keypads (that control any of the banks) they should be shown as well.
5. It should allow to see the people that have access rights to the bank.
6. It should allow to see the cards of the people above.
7. It should allow to simulate the card swipe and see all the floors that are allowed for this card. The allowed floors could be presented as a hexadecimal string of bytes where each byte represents 8 floors or it could be represented as a comma delimited list of floors).
8. It should allow to see the current modes for each keypad.
9. It should allow to see which floor is public and which floor is secured for each keypad at the current time.
10. It should allow to pause the messages coming from the DDE controllers for the detailed inspection. It should not keep store the incoming and outgoing data while in pause state.
11. It should show all the commands going to the DDE controllers.
12. It should show the replies and any other messages that are coming from the DDE controllers.
13. Those replies should show the native codes coming from the DDE Controllers and also human readable description of those codes.