The Person Reader is secure and more capable.
- Admits the person, not the card they are carrying
- Recognizes people that should NOT be admitted
- Stores a picture of every person admitted or attempted
- Very robust and accurate
- Recognizes visitors
- Can provide other security functions that card readers can not
Cards and card readers are not secure.
- Admits the card and sometimes the wrong person
- Cards are forgotten, loaned and passed every day
- No proof of presence
- Records are inaccurate
- No built-in intelligence
- Visitors are problematic
- Single capability device