The EP1501 and LP1501 are edge-capable intelligent controllers that are expandable for up to 8 downstream SIO controllers and up to 16 MR51e or MR62e network ready door controllers (for a total of 16 doors/ openings).
Built on the Authentic Mercury platform, the feature-rich EP1501 and LP1501 provide a small footprint, cost-effective dual card reader panel for controlling a single opening. Easy installation with Power over Ethernet (PoE) makes the high performance, Ethernet-ready EP1501 or LP1501 a top choice for a single-door controller.
Once configured, the intelligent controller functions independently of the host and can control access and manage sophisticated device processes (such as anti-passback and point linking) both onboard and downstream of the EP1501 or LP1501 without host intervention.
Offering powerful flexibility, the Mercury EP1501 and LP1501 can interface with an array of reader technologies for a single opening. The controllers support separate in/out readers and technologies: Wiegand, clock and data, RS-485, OSDP, magnetic stripe, F/2F, Supervised F/2F Readers, keypads, LCD, and biometrics.
The EP1501 and LP1501 provide the versatility and reliability needed to deliver powerful innovation for system success and at the system’s edge when needed.
The EP1501 and LP1501 seamlessly interfaces a single opening to a larger system (up to 16 openings) for easy expansion. Providing all of the intelligence and functionality of the Mercury family of controllers, the EP1501 and LP1501 are PoE capable and set the standard for powerful, reliable performance; all at economical price points.
- Multi-operating system interface
- Multi-card format support
- Multi-reader technology support
- AES 256 bit data encryption
- UL 294 and UL 294B Recognized
- Alarm keypad support
- Function key support
- Biometric template support
- Open Architecture
- Enhanced Security
- OSDP Protocol
- Versatile Interoperability
- Connects to a BluSKY™ host for increased programming flexibility
- Supports a range of wired and wireless reader technologies
- Securely scales from one to 16 doors/ openings
- PoE enabled for full support of device and door peripherals
- High performance, reliable platform enables use of hardware with Mercury OEM partners' software solutions
- Supports PoE+ power, removing the cost of traditional power supplies and home-run wiring
- Embedded crypto memory chip and data at rest encryption provides secured layer of protection of sensitive data
- Secure channel communications for reader connectivity
- Same reliable interface and identical footprint as the EP controllers, enabling seamless upgrades for existing deployments
PoE Power Input 12.95W, compliant to IEEE 802.3af or 12V ±10% 900 mA maximum power supply
Primary Output: 12Vdc @ 650mA including reader and AUX output
Reader Interface: Reader Power: PoE: 12 VDC±10% or local power supply (12Vdc). (PTC limited 180mA max) Inputs: 2 general purpose programmable circuit type, and dedicated tamper.
Outputs: 2 relays Form C. 2A @ 30VDC
Reader Ports: Two TTL reader ports or one 2-wire RS-485 reader port capable of supporting two readers
Keypad: Multiplexed with card data
LED: TTL compatible
Buzzer: Only with one-wire LED
- Without Bracket - 5.5” (140mm)W x 2.75” (70mm)L x 0.96” (24mm)H
- With Bracket -5.5” (140mm)W x 3.63” (92mm)L x 1.33” (34mm)H
Temperature: 0-70°C operational, -55-85°C storage
Humidity: 0-95% RHNC
Primary Port: 10/100 Ethernet
Door Control :
One physical barrier can be controlled using single or paired readers. Two reader ports: Mag, Wiegand, or RS- 485 (RS-485 on one reader port capable of supporting two readers. Two supervised inputs, two relays. Diagnostic LEDs. Dedicated tamper input.
- 240,000 cardholder capacity, 50,000 transaction buffer
- 32 access levels per cardholder
- 19-digit (64-bit) User ID and 15-digit PIN numbers max
- Activation/deactivation dates
- If/then macro capability
- 8 active card formats per EP1501
- Anti-passback support, hard, soft, or timed forgiveness.
- Normally open/normally closed, unsupervised, supervised
- Standard or custom end-of-line resistances
- UL294 recognized, CE compliant, ROHS
- FCC Part 15 Class A, NIST-certified encryption
|MFG Part #||BluBØX Order #||Description|
|EP1501||120-1000||Mercury - EP1501 One Door DB Controller Ethernet PoE/12V|
|LP1501||XXX||Mercury - LP1501 One Door DB Controller Ethernet PoE/12V|